[K12OSN] iCal

Ben Nickell twinprism at athena.physics.isu.edu
Wed May 3 20:34:43 UTC 2006

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 14:28, Ben Nickell wrote:
>

>>I have set this up before on an Linux apache server with webdav enabled
>>and ran into the following problems..
>>
>>Data corruption/data loss when access with multiple clients at the same
>>time.  The calendars get corrupted.  (but this may be related to using
>>beta mozilla calendar/sunbird clients on windows and Linux in addition
>>to iCal on Mac.)
>>

>Did you have multiple users that were allowed to write to the
>same file?

More the like same user from multiple systems.  For example, they  would
have mozilla calendar on windows at home and Linux at work, iCal on a
mac laptop.  They wouldn't shut down the home or work ones.   I think
they had them configured to synchronize automatically, so often it would
result in the file being accessed by 2 clients at once an corrupting the
ical file.  Maybe this was because of bugs in Mozilla Calendar
synchronization, because I didn't think webdav should allow that.

Ben