[K12OSN] downloading 5.0 beta - any mirrors for /testing ?

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Thu May 4 23:12:20 UTC 2006

light being wrote:
> For whatever reason my ISP is download very slow - around 12KB/s - from
> ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing.
>
> I noticed download are much faster - some 200KB/s - from some local FTP
> sites.   Don't know what's the problem.
>
> Any other mirrors for /testing ???
You could try downloading via rsync to see if it downloads faster
rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::testing/5.0.0-32bit/iso/ .
You could also try and download FC5 iso's from another mirror such as
mirrors.kernel.org and then rename them as they are in testing and rerun
rsync from k12 again to update the iso files with the latest updates.