[K12OSN] ftp server too busy?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat May 6 16:53:32 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 10:47, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Les Mikesell (les at futuresource.com):

> > > I just got an update... the fsck bombed out, hitting an unexpected in-
> > > consistancy. It was restarted with a "fsck -y ..." about an hour and
> > > a half a go.
> >
> > Ah, the joys of ext2/3 filesystems and an fsck that refuses to fix
> > a lot of things automatically... I don't think I've ever actually
> > lost much data, but lots of times I have had to manually hit 'y'
> > hundreds of times to get through the fsck run.
> >

> I just use "fsck -y".

Maybe they've changed it, but at least in older versions that would
only fix some things and others would require a manual run.  On a
machine that was busy when it crashed I'd often have to do it by
hand.  This was mostly with ext2 filesystems - ext3 seems fairly
likely to come out ok with just the journal replay and no fsck.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at gmail.com