[K12OSN] FL_teachertool & Edubuntu

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:39:19 UTC 2006

On 5/6/06, Luis Arauz <luisarauz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten Teachertool to work with edubuntu Dapper? If so how did
> you do it?

Not possible yet. I need to customize Fl_TT to run on Edubuntu.

> Ive been able to install the app and get it up and running but it doesnt
> recognize any of the users
> as being on. It keeps saying "No users logged in."  and then opens up the
> interface.

I use netstat to collect username and ip info. I suspect that doesn't
work on Edubuntu. I am just about to release 0.31 for k12ltsp in the
next few days. I'm finished pretty much, just testing now. Big thanks
to Eric H. and Jim M. for giving me tips to speed up version 0.31.

> I know that Robert Arkiletian has mentioned that he wants to port it over to
> EDubuntu but he doesnt know
> how different it is from LTSP.

I'm going to install Edubuntu 6.06 beta 2 this weekend. I'll see if I
can start the port.

--
Robert Arkiletian
Fl_TeacherTool http://fltk.org/links.php?V269