[K12OSN] non SMP kernel

Jack Palmadesso jack.palmadesso at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:46:13 UTC 2006

I've upgraded to the latest LTSP FC5 (Beta 5) and I've noticed the the
SMP kernel gets loaded.  When I load the kernel-dev headers via:

yum install kernel-devel

they don't match.  My problem is that I'm trying to load up VMware
server but in order to do so I need to have it compile a kernel
module.  When it tries to build the module I get the error that the
kernel sources don't match the currently running kernel.

Here is the error:
The directory of kernel headers (version 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5) does not match your
running kernel (version 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5smp).  Even if the module were to
compile successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.

How do I load the non-SMP kernel.  Is it avaialble for K12LTSP ?  My
system is just a single Intel 3.0 ghz.

Jack