[K12OSN] Enabling Dansguardian on Beta 5

David Ackerman dackerman at apnts.org
Mon May 8 11:36:32 UTC 2006

Thanks for the excellent help, exactly what I needed.  I got the ltsp server
to filter Windows machines connected to it by changing the proxy in Internet
Explorer to the server IP and then port 8080 and it works (without this no
connection).  However, I could not get the thin clients to filter as well.

I had some other problems with clients today (this is a fresh install this
weekend).

I got to boot a Neoware Capio 620 which I reprogrammed the DOM with
etherboot; it works fine.  But, I could not get my main thin clients to
boot.  Half way through the start ups, I get this error:  RAMDISK:  couldn't
find valid RAM disk image starting at 0. Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS:
Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (1,).  These are Pentium III
(either 733 or 566) with S3 Trio3d 2/x video cards.  They worked with Ubuntu
with LTSP a few days ago (I gave this up for K12LTSP).  What is the
difference and what can I do to fix this?

When I get this figured out, I have met all our local goals for a student
network.  Really awesome.

David