[K12OSN] K12LTSP-5.0.0-BETA6

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue May 9 17:04:21 UTC 2006

Bjørn Roger Rasmussen wrote:
> Hello!

Thanks for the bug reports!

> My test of K12LSP-5.0.0-BETA 6 gave me following problems:
>
> - NFS not auto started. Had to start the service manually.

Strange one, I have not seen this. Will see if I can reproduce it.

> - Java in Firefox does not work. Everything seems ok in "about:plugins",
> but no web page with Java is showed.

Confirmed. No immediately obvious solution, I'll keep banging on it.

> - Default language set to Norwegian, but Firefox shows up with English
> language.

This is a general FC5 bug. I'll see if I can reproduce it, but you might
want to open up a bug report yourself: http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla

> - Tried to define Norwegian keyboard at the client computer. Thrown out
> to the login picture. Not possible to log in again with that user.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this one, since I don't have a Norwegian
keyboard handy ;-)

Just to make sure I understand correct, you set the keyboard layout to
Norwegian in lts.conf and experienced the problem logging in from a
terminal?

I see that there are several Norwegian locals, which one are you using?

Can the locked-out user login on the console?

> - I miss Arial and Times New Roman as default choice in OpenOffice.org
> Writer.

Upstream FC5 issue as well. Want to open a bug report?
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla

> Firefox gives me the following error with first start up:
>
> "Firefox could not install this item because "install.rdf" (provided by
> the item) is not well-formed or does not exist. Please contact the
> author about this problem."

This is also an upstream bug in the latest FC5 firefox package (looks
like it is caused by a bad plugin). It only occurs the first time a new
user starts firefox, you won't see this if you have previously ran an
earlier firefox package.

I'll check in a bit to see if this has been filed in bugzilla, it not
I'll open a new ticket.

-Eric