[K12OSN] ISO file number 6 of Beta 5

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue May 9 19:08:33 UTC 2006

On Friday, May 05, 2006 12:50 PM light being wrote:

>> >From: Les Mikesell <les at futuresource.com>
>> >
>> >Download all the iso images to a directory that you have
>> >exported via NFS.  Burn only the first disk.  Enter
>> >linux askmethod
>> >at the boot prompt and pick nfs as the method.  As long
>> >as it's not your first Linux box this way is much faster
>> >and easier since you don't have to wait around and swap
>> >CDs during the install.
>>
>> I burned the first CD, and put all the ISO images on a FAT
>> partition, or on a separate hard drive.  Then used the 'linux
>> askmethod' option and gave it a partition /dev/hda2 or
>> whatever.  It's much faster indeed.

That's all well and good but I actually need the CDs to install it on a
stand alone, non-networked machine.  I mean, I suppose I could put
everything on a drive, open up the machine and mount it but that seems a
bit silly since that's sort of what CDs are for.  Any REAL answers to
this problem, rather than work-arounds?  I'd prefer seven CDs to six
where the last one doesn't work.

--
Henry