[K12OSN] Stopping web messenger

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu May 11 18:05:42 UTC 2006

I've got an IPCop box that all of my students pass through to get to
internet and have been using the Dansgardian plugin for years.  My Principal
came to me a few days ago and asked why I've openned up msn web messenger to
the students.  This had been blocked for some time by using the editable
phrase, url, and site lists.  Now, several problematic students have figured
out how to get msn web messenger running on their clients again...  I've
looked at their history files and just can't figure out how to stop web
messenger and what url they are using to get it going.

Does anyone here know how to stop webmessenger?

Thanks,  Jim