[K12OSN] usb printer troubleshooting

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Mon May 15 15:18:19 UTC 2006

On 15/05/06, Barry Cisna <cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us> wrote:
> seeing here? if i have a text file named "dog" and i send this to local
> printer "printer1" I should after sending the print job, type in a
> terminal the following:?
> lpr -P printername filename
> lpr -P printer1 dog

If you have already sent the file to print throught editor then
nothing. However if you already have a file that you want to print you
need not open the same in editor and then give print command. You can:
$cat <filename> |lpr -P <printername> OR
$lpr -P <printername> <filename>

> if this correct syntax what should i be seeing thereafter?

Nothing. If all's well you will see command prompt "$" or whatever. AT
command line you can see the rpint queue by:
$lpq -P <printername>

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux