[K12OSN] New Release News?

Barry R Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Sat May 20 23:24:34 UTC 2006

Hello Liam,

Let us know what your clients are lacking in the sound department. We've
been using 4.4.1 K12LTSP for a few  months now on 3 servers and have no
sound probs on clients. I'll try and help you out if you can give some
details,on what is dying,or whatever on clients that sound is not solid
on. Are you using all pci based sound cards on all of your client boxes?
Even if you are stuck with using ISA cards to "use up" the extra stuff
you have laying around isa sound cards will work especially sound
blaster based isa cards. It just takes a little more grunt work to get
them to work is all.You should be able to get sound in flash, as well as
video like wmv,mov,ogg etc, as well.

Take it easy,

Barry Cisna