[K12OSN] tight vnc connection to ltsp client refused (111 error)

Jesse McDonnell jessemcdonnell at comcast.net
Tue May 23 01:40:45 UTC 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006 17:00:20 -0700
"Robert Arkiletian" <robark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/22/06, Jesse McDonnell <jessemcdonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

> > It seems to be a random problem and I cannot see a pattern to when I have and when I >don't have keyboard input. Do you think this may be an aberration peculiar to my setup? I >don't need Control and Broadcast but I'm happy to do more tests if it will help make >TeacherTool more robust.
>

> Broadcast does not use the new vnc.so Eric made. I have verified
> broadcast works with k12ltsp 5.0 at Linuxfest NW. If both Broadcast
> and Control don't work for you I suspect you either have not installed
> things correctly or your system has gremlins in it. :)

To see if it's the gremlins or if I'd goofed on the installation, I went back over the installation instructions in Eric's email and compared them to the ones on your website. Whereas the instructions on your website say to *add* X4_MODULE_02 = vnc, the instructions in Eric's email say to change X4_MODULE_01 = glx to X4_MODULE_01 = vnc. I added in the X4_MODULE_02 line and, voila! -  Broadcast no longer has a keyboard input problem.

The problem of random loss of keyboard input is still present in Control mode - so the gremlins are still there!

Jesse