[K12OSN] Beta 7: i810 and firewall problems

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat May 27 01:13:24 UTC 2006

I rsync-ed my ISO files today to beta 7 and re-installed my test server.
  I'm seeing two problems still:

1.  The firewall is still blocking tftp access for the clients if the
default network subnet, 192.168.0.x is used.  I'm using 172.26.18.x and
tftp failed.  Turning off the firewall allowed the clients to boot.

2.  I have an iPaq with i810 video and X still refuses to start.  I can
go in and create a custom setup in lts.conf, although I was hoping the
latest release would work by default.  Does anyone know what settings I
need to make i810 work?  I seem to recall Robert saying something about
needing to set color depth to 24 bits or some such, but I could be mistaken.

Petre