[K12OSN] "network boot" in the bios

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 22:43:31 UTC 2006

The computers in question support PXE in the bios.
However, they're using "regular" network cards that I
got from the junk pile.  The network cards are not
preset to boot PXE, but when it is selected in the
bios to boot from the LAN, they do.

The thing is that some of the computers don't boot
from the network, even though I set the bios to boot
from the LAN.  My question is:  do the network cards
need to have special support for PXE in order to boot
PXE?  Or does the bios do all the work, so to speak?

-Rob