[K12OSN] new lab

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 18:37:02 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Nathan Hamilton <nhamilton at tcse.us> wrote:

>  I have recently inherited a new Lab that had been set up with LTSP – v4.1.
> I have been informed that some of the applications wouldn't open on the
> workstations.  I went to check it out and noticed that it wasn't that they
> weren't opening but they were opening up on the server as opposed to the
> workstation.  I even had an instance where an app. Opened on the server
> would pop up over on one of the workstations.  I'm extremely new to this
> type of setup and have been reading and reading for some help on this.  Any
> suggestions on what I should check out and/or change to help resolve this
> issue??  Thanks so much!!

Sounds very strange. My advice. Re-install the latest k12ltsp from scratch.
You will learn more and feel more comfortable with the setup. It's really
not that hard. Follow the instructions here
http://k12ltsp.org/clients.html
for booting the clients. As long as you have 2 nics in the server and can
figure out which is eth0 and eth1 your okay. Everything should just work.

Nathan J. Hamilton

Robert Arkiletian