[K12OSN] Connecting from Windows

Shawn Maggard maggardcomputing at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 19:04:51 UTC 2006

After doing a "yum install freenx", installing the client on Windows and
copying over the .key file to the /home/user and also importing it into the
client, logging in from Windows and getting a terminal is as easy as double
clicking the desktop shortcut. I have only tried this on the LAN and also
using the external address which works too (just forward to port 22 or
whatever freenx is listening on) and so far I have to say that I am
extremely impressed with how smooth everything is.

My only complaint is that it's Fedora! :P

P.S. my test users so far can't get sound, they get /dev/dsp permission
denied....