[K12OSN] new lab

Darryl Palmer dpalmerjr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:40:50 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Nathan Hamilton <nhamilton at tcse.us> wrote:

> Yes, this was probably the case.  I was logged in as administrator when
> I was checking them out and I'm sure that the teachers were logging kids
> in under the same username when they were trying it as well.
>
> Is it possible to connect this lab to one of or several of the networked
> printers throughout the building?  I plan on putting a printer In the
> lab itself but until then am curious if it is possible to connect to a
> printer on a windows server 2003 network.  Also, once the local printer
> is installed will it be possible to have other cpu's outside of the
> Fedora lab to print to that printer??  Thanks again.

To use CUPS/Samba to connect to a printer running on Windows server 2003,
you need to install the Print Services for UNIX.  It should be a windows
component that you can add using the add/remove function of the control
panel.  Windows Server 2003 should be able to connect to your Unix printer
using SMB (Samba).

Darryl