[K12OSN] [K12LTSP] enable root login from remote-terminal

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Nov 8 17:50:31 UTC 2006

I think control over whether root can login or not is handled by the Display Manager, be
it GDM or KDM, not the Desktop (Gnome, KDE).  I think you're correct that there is such
a setting for GDM, and Gnome gives one access to that setting.  But if KDM is being
used, I don't think setting that option while in Gnome will have any effect.  And so
far, I've not been able to find where that setting is under KDM.

Petre