[K12OSN] So close....

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Wed Nov 8 17:52:03 UTC 2006

Dell will always beat the public web pricing (for me, and I assume they
will do the same for others too!) I have asked my sales rep to always
ensure this is the case and periodically check up on him. Occasionally I
notice he's slipped but 90% of the time he's on the ball; what more can
you ask? And, 90% of the time he's BELOW the web pricing, like for a D820
and D420 I recently ordered: he knocked almost $1K off the combined total
(which came to almost $5K in the end, that's about 17% discount) if you
can believe it. His pricing always includes, for example, the shipping and
handling and enviro fees which are not necessarily evident up-front on the
web pricing...

I have had my struggles with Dell, but I can say the same about all
vendors.

Regards,
Tom Wolfe