[K12OSN] follow up on can't save word docs to USB flash drive

Jim Kathan tkathan at charter.net
Fri Nov 10 08:52:47 UTC 2006

I am getting an error when trying to save Word docs to my USB flash drive,
512 megs.

The error reported is "General input/output error while accessing
/home/jkathan/Desktop/USB_DISK_desktop/Grades 1-2 report card.doc"

I can save other files to the USB, either in Windows or linux.

I checked the file permissions and gave full access to the file.

What's interesting is that you can copy and paste the doc from the desktop
to the USB DISK (folder link) and it works. But you cannot 'file -> save'
directly to it.

Any ideas? Does this error message ring any bells?

I bet its something really silly.