[K12OSN] cifs mounting win2003 shares problem

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Fri Nov 10 15:28:32 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Has anyone experienced problems mounting Windows 2003 server shares via CIFS?
I can mount shares on Windows 2000 server fine, but can not get any
windows 2003 server shares to mount via CIFS. I m trying to get some
backups setup for various directories from windows  after
installing/updating K12LTSP v5 on a  couple of our linux servers.Now that
smbfs has been depredicated,CIFS seems to be the only option.

K12LTSP v5
Ive googled out but cant find any 1..2..3.. howtos/fixups,on how to do this.

Thanks,

Barry Cisna
westcentral school