[K12OSN] [FOLLOW UP] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] Anyone tried this thinclient?

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 19:25:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 09:48, Sudev Barar wrote:
> On 31/08/06, Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 25/08/06, Matthew Closson <matt at scrapshells.com> wrote:
> > > Just curious if anyone has tried these as LTSP terminals and what your
> > > opinion of them is?  Thanks,
> > >           -Matt-
>
> The Nohrtec MicroClient Jr. $120.00

> > Matthew,
> > Interested me enough to order a couple of them. Will post experience
> > once I get them.
>
> Got two numbers and tested them out. Worked wonderfully. The cost per
> piece came out to be $120 plus shipping. They will give it for lower
> price in bulk sales.
>
> JFYI I have no interest with the supplier.

I'm glad this worked out for you, but I have at tale about the Mfg. Several
years ago I ordered one of this company's other products (NohrTec Multi
Client). It took *8 months* to come directly from Bankok and it's X client
never worked (RDP did work). It boots an embedded Linux from flashram and had
clients for RDP, ICA, VNC and X. Too bad I wanted to use it for LTSP. I plan
to re-cycle the chassis, perhaps burn Monowall or IPCop onto another flash
drive (if I can use USB NICs for the 2nd and 3rd interface). Caveat Emptor.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |