[K12OSN] new account and Flash

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Nov 14 14:51:29 UTC 2006

Hello all,
I have a quirk that I can't figure out. Ideas welcome. We set up a new
account on a ver 5 server (updated from ver. 4). While every other
account on the server can use Flash in Firefox, the new one can't. I
even put the plug ins in a local folder /home/thisuser/.mozilla...etc
and that didn't work. Looking at the pluginreg.dat file, nothing at a
cursory look seems amiss.

Any ideas? Again, all the existing accounts use Flash fine but new
accounts (I've tried this a couple of times) can't. Even if I copy an
entire .mozilla file from another user and change the permissions to
this user, it won't work.

Sign me,
Perplexed in the South
(William)

btw, FreeNX and Teacher_Tool rock as remote management tools. But you
knew that already...