[K12OSN] Do anyone here REALLY understand LTSP and remote sound?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:04:29 UTC 2006

Hi Barry et al,

After setting screen_01 = shell I am able to see the following:

i810_audio: Resetting connection 0
ac97__codec: AC97 Audio Codec, id: ADS64 (Analog Devices AD1881)
i810_audio: AC'97 codec 0 unable to map surround DAC's (or DAC's not
present), total channels = 2
ALSA lib confmisc.c:672:(snd_func_card_driver) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c3493:(snd_config_evalutate) function snd_func_card_driver
returned error: no such device
ALSA lib conf.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:3493:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat
returned error: no such device

etc,etc,etc:

I did dmesg > dmesg.txt and collected only a partial transcription of the
above. I have no idea where the rest of these messages are going. Boy would
it be nice to have a place where this stuff was logged. Is there and option
under ltsp.conf (not lts.conf) to set logging?)
It goes on from there, but I had to transcribe it by hand since I can't find
it with locate dmesg.txt once I boot into a GUI session.

I am using a Compaq Ipaq with an I810 chipset and and Ntavo 6020 p with a
Realtek chipset. My understanding is that the the i810 chipset is PCI based.
It is on board. I believe the NTAVO chipset is PCI based as well.

Thanks for your questions!

John