[K12OSN] Uninteruptable Power Supply UPS with Linux

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 01:31:31 UTC 2006

Thought I would just thank the list for the help to setup my UPS. Today we
had a power outage. One week after I setup my UPS. I got a 1500VA Back-UPS
(not the expensive Smart ones). So I had to set the shutdown timeout in the
conf file.  Hadn't even gotten around to testing it yet. Worked like a charm
doing a clean shutdown today . Talk about luck.

BTW just wondering. Is there any benefit to using ext3 filesystem in a
software RAID1? I know that ext3 is journalled but with a mirror what's the
point if one of the drives completes a write but the other doesn't (due to
power loss). Won't the array still be corrupted? Anyone with experience?

--
Robert Arkiletian