[K12OSN] What's coming in edubuntu...report from UDS Mtn View

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Nov 16 02:45:47 UTC 2006

Hi all!

Chuck Liebow asked about what happened at UDS Mountain View.  So...I
figured I'd let you know!  Rather than write a very long email
here....I'll simply direct you to my blog post at
http://dtrask.wordpress.com where I explained everything I know in detail.
 One thing I can say is that Edubuntu has come of age....and the next
release is going to be awesome!  Now...don't feel like you'll be dissing
Eric if you decide to try and use Edubuntu....after all...he was there at
Mtn. View....actively participating in the development of Edubuntu.  We
are all one big happy family....it's OK.  I won't tell you what he runs on
his laptop....although he had to get a new laptop in SF....but I'll let
him tell you why  ;-)  I would also like to encourage many of you to also
join the Edubuntu list....as there are many folks over there who are going
to need our help with their "new" Edubuntu deployments.  I'm on both lists
and help out whenever I can.  So pitch in if you can.  More info on the
Edubuntu site.  Feel free to comment on the contents of my blog
article...let's discuss the awesome stuff that's on the way!  :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org