[K12OSN] Users home dir on win2k3 server

Daniel Kuecker kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us
Thu Nov 16 17:51:37 UTC 2006

I just noticed that when i do a getent passwd, it only shows the local
unix users, and not the win2k3 ads users. any suggestions?

Thank you,

Daniel Kuecker
Technology Coordinator
Shenandoah Community Schools
(712) 246-1581

>>> "Daniel Kuecker" <kueckerd at shenandoah.k12.ia.us> 11/16/06 10:40 AM

Hello all!
I have a wierd problem I cannot figure out. I have k12ltsp 5 running
with user authentication from a win2k3 server. there are no local user
accounts (except the initial one i created). I then setup the
pam_mount
to mount the windows home dir to mount to a folder under /home/user/X:
everything seems to work fine, however, when accessing the the windows
share, the permissions show as owner=uucp group=wheel. the user cannot
access the share. if i list the /home/user/X: folder as root, it list
the permissions as owner=user group="bunch of numbers". i followed the
instructions from the following site. please help, the students at my
school do not want to use the thin client because they cannot access
the
windows home folder.

http://math.univ- lille1.fr/~hafidi/terminal-
services/authentication_and_homedirs_on_windows.html