[K12OSN] Re: Error! dhcpcd failed!

Mel Wade mel at melwade.com
Mon Nov 20 00:03:04 UTC 2006

I solved this problem myself.  I had an onboard NIC and a 3com NIC
installed.  The onboard NIC had been disabled in the BIOS but somehow had
turned back on.  The boot initialized from the 3com NIC as directed by the
boot floppy but then once the boot initialized the onboard took over - and
obviously, couldn't get an IP address since no network cable was plugged
into that port.

Mel