[K12OSN] Re: K12LSTP 6 and fl_teachertool

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Nov 20 04:47:14 UTC 2006

This works on my K12LTSP 6.0 server at work.

I'll double check from a clean install tomorrow.

See notes below...

Mel Wade wrote:
> I see that the following is not configured:
>
> 4.    This step is required to enable support for the Monitor and Control
>         feature.
>

>     Edit the file /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
>     Find the line X4_MODULE_01=glx. On the next line insert:
>
>     X4_MODULE_02 = vnc

The "X4_MODULE_02 = vnc" line is commented out by default. Make sure to
uncomment it.

>     Now you'll have to make a password for the vnc-session. Run this
>     command as root:
>
>     #/usr/bin/vncpasswd
>
>     Choose a password and copy the password file into the ltsp-tree

Be sure to copy it to the right place. You didn't include it in your
cut-and-paste from the Fl_TeacherTool docs, so just to be sure....

     #cp -R -p /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/

> and

This part of the instructions are not required for K12LTSP 5.0 and
later. Don't modify build_x4_cfg ...