[K12OSN] K12LTSP vs. Ubuntu

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Nov 20 14:54:42 UTC 2006

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:

>I am currently using K12LTSP 5 and am curios as to how it compares to
>ubuntu as a LTSP.? I have tried using edubuntu as a desktop, but it
>seems I always have some flaky things happen (don't ask me what, I do
>not remember). Can you guys/gals provide feedback on your experiences?

Are you using the latest (Edgy Eft) version of Edubuntu?  There are MAJOR
differences between that one and the earlier (Dapper or 6.06 LTS) release.
 You should try Edgy (6.10).....otherwise...Fiesty Fawn will also have
some major enhancements (7.04...due in April '07 hence the version name)
K12LTSP is a mature distro....Edubuntu is getting there fast....there's a
lot of effort being put into developing the LTSP part of Edubuntu.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org