[K12OSN] I need your help, PLEASE!

Brad Johnson bjohnson1102 at mchsi.com
Wed Nov 22 00:36:14 UTC 2006

Greetings,

This is a continuation of my thread that I started last week.  Can
someone please try the following on FC5 or FC6 and tell me their results:

compile from source code ncpfs, version 2.2.6, located here:
ftp://platan.vc.cvut.cz/pub/linux/ncpfs/ncpfs-2.2.6.tar.gz

or get the source rpm and rebuild, using rpmbuild like this:
rpmbuild --bb --clean ncpfs.spec
using the following rpm:
ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/source/SRPMS/ncpfs-2.2.6-5.src.rpm

I have spent hours trying to get this to work on Fedora, because the
Fedora package, by default, does not have PAM support built-in.  I can
compile the source fine on Ubuntu, using gcc3.3, but I am at a total
loss as to why I cannot compile on Fedora.  I have tried gcc4, gcc34,
gcc33, gcc32 on Fedora, so I'm at the end of my rope!  If someone can
try this, then point me in the right direction that would be great.  In
order to build from source, simply include ./configure --enable-pam
--disable-ipx --disable-ipx-tools.  If rebuilding the rpm file, you have
to edit the spec file, after issuing an rpm -i nameoffile.rpm, then
update the spec file to include --enable-pam.  PAM headers must also be
installed.

I am dying to deploy LTSP in our district, and currently this is the
only thing that is stopping me.  I have to be able to authenticate to
our Novell servers, or at least know that I can continue to compile the
source code down the road on future version of LTSP.  Thanks for any
help anyone can provide, and if you have further questions, post them
and I'll answer as best as I can.

Thanks,

Brad