[K12OSN] NX-nomachine-server

David & Sarah Whitmer thewhitmers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 22:09:10 UTC 2006

Welcome to the list, Paul!

If you're running Fedora Core 5 or 6, you can just use yum to install
freenx (FOSS implementation of NX server).

Rick Stout's freenx web (mentioned in a prior message in this thread)
contains a lot of useful information.  A big thing to take notice of
is that the freenx rpm for Fedora will generate new ssh keys for
freenx; you will need to copy the client key from the server computer
to the client computer and import that into the NX client software.

I used to use VNC to remotely access our school's Linux servers.  Now
I use freenx with the Windows NX client software from NoMachine... it
is noticeably faster than VNC.

David

David Whitmer
Director of Media & Technology