[K12OSN] Impress oo.o 2 files not saving

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:46:22 UTC 2006

Files saved to home directories are causing crashes. Files saved to
/home/students seem okay (All students are members of the student group).
Permissions problem? Why would it cause the whole program to crash?

I think upgrading OpenOffice.org might help. I sent a separate message
asking about the recommended (safe) way to upgrade.

It is really frustrating, because now the classroom teacher (Principal) is
complaining, "Impress is not a good program we should just use Powerpoint
yada yada..."
He is used to Powerpoint and he is finding the different way Impress works
frustrating already, without crashes adding to the bad feeling.