[K12OSN] samba mount glitch

cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue Nov 28 13:25:43 UTC 2006

Hello List,

I posted this a while back and never got any feedback, and cant google out
anything on this.
Problem:
When i do a samba mount on a windows server to the same K12LTSP v-5
machine,once i go past the forth "mount", thereafter all of the newly
created mount points,they all come up as "unknown file" in Nautalis.Of
course ,trying to "view" these in Nautilas is "undoable". The first four
mounts look correct. They are simply viewing as a folder, as they should.
This happens on two of our linux servers,in the same way? The fstab.conf
file looks correct on both of them. I can delete two of the mount points
of each of these  servers,,and i can then create a different mountpoint(
say from a different windows server),,so i know it is not machine
specific. and then they show up correctly.
Of course the reason im setting up these mountpoints is to create backups
from the windows servers,to the mentioned linux servers as a backup
server.

Has anyone else experenced this?

Thanks,
Barry Cisna