[K12OSN] K12LTSP server won't give non-terminals web access

David D. Nelson nelsda at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 17:33:28 UTC 2006

I was trying to troubleshoot a problem of a dropped
internet connection from my K12LTSP server so I
temporarally turned off the firewall using the
security GUI applet. When I re-enabled the firewall I
lost the ability for workstations (not terminals) to
connect to the internet. When I turn on squid and
redirect the workstations to use the proxy they are
always denied access. I decided to rebuild the server
with K12LTSP 6b7 and I find that workstations still
don't have access to the internet. The server is the
gateway and dhcp for the network.

What do I need to change and where do I look to change
it. Also, I need some direction on where I can find a
relatively simple guide to firewall settings and how
to securely set up a mail server and web server on my
K12LTSP box unless it would be best to dedicate
another computer to the job. No more than 10
terminals/workstations are on this network.

Thank you.

David D. Nelson
nelsda at yahoo.com