[K12OSN] K12LTSP missing some important stuff for our school purposes

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Fri Nov 3 03:21:07 UTC 2006

Petre Scheie wrote:
> Hey Tim,
> 1. Can you (or anyone else) elaborate on how you get PXE to download and
> run Etherboot?  I've got some machines that have PXE, but, as you say,
> they won't boot.

I have attached the group that I added to the my dhcpd.conf.  The
sis.pxe file is an Etherboot driver that has been compiled as a pxe
image.  On http://www.romomatic.net choose PXE as the output format.

> 2. How do you use the 3c905c as an eprom programmer?  I assume you load
> a full linux on the host system and run some sort of utility?

I have also attached a README from
etherboot/etherboot-5.4/contrib/3c90xutil/README

There are probably more details on the Etherboot site...

TIm