[K12OSN] Using a remote mail server and letting apache have access to it

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Nov 3 15:55:44 UTC 2006

You can also test your sendmail configuration by sending messages via
sendmail from the command line:

/usr/lib/sendmail -v person at somehost.com
Subject: testing sendmail

Put the body of your message here.  To send the message, put a dot (a
period) on a line by itself, like the one that follows this line.
.

You'll see sendmail forward the message to itself, and then you can
check the log to see if it's forwarding it to your SMARTHOST.  Send the
message to yourself at an outside address to see what actually ends up
in the message.

Petre