[K12OSN] Shared Sessions? - SonicWall

Darryl Palmer dpalmerjr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:45:50 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, Mel Wade <mel at melwade.com> wrote:

> somewhere I saw a setting that prevents shared resources.  It was in a
> K12LSTP config file, but now I can't find the file.  It's intent was to
> prevent people from signing one twice with the same username.  Can anyone
> tell me where that file is?

Hello,

Was this to try and solve your original problem?  Because it will not.  The
root problem is that SonicWall is trying to identify people by the network
address and/or ethernet machine address that the connections are coming
from.  Because all the copies of your web browser are actually being ran on
your LTSP server, they all have are coming from the same place as far as
SonicWall is concerened.  To solve this you can do 1 of two things.

1)  Run the web browsers locally on each thin client.  This will take up
tons of resources, at least for Firefox, but if you have the memory to spare
then this will fix it.

2) See if you can incorporate the Internet standard AUTH User Identification
Service with SonicWall.  The Linux server name is identd and it runs on TCP
port 113.  What this will do is allow someone to query the server and get
the user ID number of the user that is attached to a TCP connection.

Darryl