[K12OSN] new lab

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Mon Nov 6 18:20:47 UTC 2006

Nathan,

If you setup a printer to print under K12LTSP and have samba file
sharing enabled on the K12LTSP server, you can access it from other
Windows based systems.  Preferably you will want to get a working samba
configuration going in order to use the printer.  Printers that you add
via CUPS or redhat-config-printer will automatically appear under SAMBA
for that server (after a short period of time).    As you can see, there
are a couple of ways to do this (getting the printer to be used by
outside Windows based systems).  You can also specify windows based
printers and add them as printers to your K12LTSP installation.

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School
www.hhprep.org