[K12OSN] So close....

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 19:24:50 UTC 2006

On 11/7/06, Mike Oliveri <moliveri at rb60.com> wrote:
> You might also want to try Tiger Direct. I forget the name of their back
> end, but they do large sales, too. You might have to file some paper
> work to do POs. My rep there is Kathleen Zukovich --
> Kathleen.Zukovich at tigerdirect.com

I'd buy relatively simple components from Tigerdirect (RAM or hard
drives), but I'd shy away from items like motherboards or complete
systems. Why? Because if such items are DOA, my experience is that
you'll get no satisfaction from Tigerdirect.

In my case, they referred me to the manufacturer (that's why "direct"
is in the name), and the manufacturer did not respond to emails OR
voicemails.

So I ended up salvaging the CPUs and RAM from the 2 computers, and
tossing out the rest of the components.

YMMV, of course.

Calvin Dodge