[K12OSN] ekiga/gnomemeeting/skype with terminal server

John Lucas mrjohnlucas at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:11:03 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 10:37, Mike Oliveri wrote:
> Skype works like a champ on Linux. Can't speak about it working over
> K12LTSP, though. I would think if you got sound working you'll be okay,
> but keep in mind the added bandwidth if you're going to have more than a
> couple people on Skype simultaneously.
>
> Mike

In order to use Skype with K12LTSP you would have to get the microphone input
working. Getting sound (output) to work over ESD is fairly straightforward,
but I for one don't know how you would get sound (input) working between
terminal and server. Running local applications on the terminal could provide
two-way sound, but that has it's own complications. If anyone knows how to
get two-way sound without local applications on the terminal, I would be
overjoyed to hear how it is done.

                        - Mark Twain

| John Lucas                          MrJohnLucas at gmail.com               |
| St. Thomas, VI 00802                http://mrjohnlucas.googlepages.com/ |
| 18.3°N, 65°W                        AST (UTC-4)                         |