[K12OSN] floppy issues on fc5 and k12ltsp

fhkms at adelphia.net fhkms at adelphia.net
Thu Nov 9 14:42:08 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have the latest stable version of k12ltsp running on my small school network.  In the past, I have handled the floppy drive situation by manipulating this file:

/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf

I would remove the # from the string:  #Rcfile_01 =floppyd

With this latest version of k12ltsp, I have floppy icons popping up on users workstations desktops, as well as folders that say "floppy".  I'm confused.  What has changed?  I would like to get back to the point where students either have mtools on their desktop, or where only the floppy drive on the server works, so students have to go through me to save things to floppy (prefered).  I'm not big on the command line, or with using a text editor.  Thanks for any help.

Will