[K12OSN] So close....

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 00:06:17 UTC 2006

Speaking of Dell, I've heard and read (but never
experienced it first hand) that some of their hardware
is only upgradeable with other Dell hardware.
Sometimes because of physical size, sometimes because
the BIOS doesn't allow non-Dell stuff.  Can anybody
confirm this or give further details?

And what about Gateway or other Dell-like
manufacturers?  I imagine they all do the same thing,
but I don't know for sure.

-Rob