[K12OSN] So close....

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Nov 10 17:56:13 UTC 2006

Depends on what you want upgrade.  Hard drives are all the same; memory can be tricky
sometimes.  Years ago (before Linux was a glint in Linus's eye), I had to schedule
downtime for a Compaq server to install a floppy drive.  The appointed hour of 2am came,
I shut the server down, opened the case--and discovered that Compaq used a non-standard
size floppy drive.  The drive I had would not fit in the space.  I ran down to the
machine shop and fashioned a hi-tech mounting bracket out of plywood, and was able to
complete the job in the alloted window.  But I doubted then and now that Compaq's floppy
is significantly better than the off-the-shelf model I had.

Petre