[K12OSN] So close....

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 23:08:14 UTC 2006

Oh, I just remembered 2 experiences I had replacing
some Dell hardware.

1)  I replaced a DVD drive in a 8-month-old desktop.
I got an NEC drive on newegg.com for much cheaper than
I could have from Dell, and it worked fine.

2)  I replaced a Broadcom onboard wifi card in a Dell
laptop with one that is recognized by Linux.  The
antenna wires were so short on the laptop that they
wouldn't reach my new card.  I had to take apart
*everything* and re-route the wires to make them
reach.  After that it worked fine.

-Rob