[K12OSN] Using a remote mail server and letting apache have access to it

jones yeates jones.yeates at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 16:00:46 UTC 2006

Thanks for all of your help.  I solved the problem.  It wasn't a DNS problem
or even a sendmail problem.  It was a php problem.

I had found a site that had incorrect information on it and was using it.
Basically you just get sendmail.mc to do all the admin stuff like SMTP
server, masquerading.  Then php calls sendmail, and that's where you can
change the from address using -f from at address as one of the options.  I had
-s for the SMTP server, which was very wrong.  I couldn't understand why
sendmail used -s for the SMTP server address and mail was using -s for the
subject.  Just thought sendmail was weird.

So in the end the options that I used in the sendmail_path was -t -i -f
from at address

Thanks again for all of your help.