[K12OSN] Can anyone point me at/send me the contents of opt/ltsp/templates

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Mon Nov 13 18:46:54 UTC 2006

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>Hello all,
>
>Well I downloaded the rpm's but I don't have any tools on Ubuntu to
>extract them. So I can't tell if this is where the scripts for pushing
>stuff to users desktops is or not. Can anyone just zip up the scripts
>they are using with k12ltsp and send them to me?
>
>It would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>John

As Eric pointed out in an earlier post....you can't use them in
Ubuntu....the paths are all different.....you can only use them on Fedora
at this point.   Now....one other note (and not that you should do this in
this case, but you can install some rpm's on Ubuntu (or pretty much any
Debian based system) by using "alien".  You would run something
alien k12ltpspackage.rpm   and that will convert the rpm into a deb file.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org