[K12OSN] Error! dhcpcd failed!

Shane Sammons shane.sammons at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:08:57 UTC 2006

Ok I have successfully trouble shot the switch. Thanks to a handy fine with
Google, and not being able to find what they are talking about I got 2 older
switch an Intel 510T (I know...bad reports on this..works though) and a 3com
10T Super Stack II 1100 Switch.

It would seem the Dell PowerConnect 3324 and 3348 suffer from a LONG delay
in negotiations or something. I tried disabling auto negotiation and a
setting its MDIX mode to no avail. I have given up on this switch. If anyone
would like to read more of what I found it was here:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Q_21738490.html

If anyone else with better networking skills and troubleshoot the switch
that would be great. For now I have enough old switches to make my testing
enviroment.

Thanks for the help so far. Should we call this resolved or unfixable. BTW,
I did update to the latest firmware, which is actually software. If anyone
would like to know the versions let me know. I have just packed it up and
will use it in a non-boot network enviroment.