[K12OSN] mondoarchive in K12LTSP 4.4.1

Tim Born k12osn at deltacfax.com
Tue Nov 14 14:49:04 UTC 2006

Eric Harrison wrote:

>Tim Born wrote:

>>Has anyone gotten Mondo to work on K12LTSP 4.4.1?
>>

>This may be the same issue that can cause install disk verifies to fail
>(falsely).
>
>Try appending "ide=nodma" to the boot options when booting the restore cd.
>
>-Eric

Tried that option last night with no success.  Didn't seem to make any
difference.

Found an error /var/log/mindi.log that must have been created during the
backup:

> Warning - /lib/liblvm does not exist; cannot be LDD'd.
> This warning only affects you if you are using LVM.

That concerns me since we ARE using LVM.

Installed latest FC4 RPMs for mondo & mindi to see if they work any better.
Backing up still in progress.  I will let you know.
At this point mondo I see that mondo-2.2.0-2 seems to know about IDE
CDROMs, which is new.

-tim