[K12OSN] Opinions on a Forum

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Nov 14 19:05:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 19:07 +0200, Meelis Mihhailov wrote:
> > So what happens when someone starts a new topic with a question
> > that you can answer - but you aren't watching it?
> >

> One can then subscibe to a certain forum to monitor threads he/she can
> answer :)
> I can visit a forum aswell and see new answers to a topic or even a new
> thread. For me it's not a big problem to use about 10 minutes of my worktime
> for this. :)

I can hit delete on email subject lines that I don't want to see
hundreds
of times in way less than 10 minutes.  I don't see a win here.

> > Your mailer will thread the topics and can sort them into folders
> > automatically if you want.
> >

> Yes this is an option but it does not work for me. I'm an "inbox is my only
> place" type person but for others it's a good solution :)

I don't see how you mesh that with wanting to go somewhere else for
certain things.  But I still recommend a gmail account for the mail
list.  It will automatically thread the unread messages when you use
their web interface - and google does know how to do searches...

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com